Ruthie's Excellent India Adventure

Monday, March 05, 2007

As I Sit at Panera

So here I sit at Panera in Madison and I am updating my blog.....what's up with that? Well.....when you get high speed internet you take advantage of it!

I am at the end of my vacation here in the US. I have had a wonderful time visiting Shannon and Moriah. Hugs NEVER felt so good! While I have been in Minnesota and Wisconsin Cole has been to Katmandu, Nepal and a Bollywood movie has been filming a movie in the apartment above ours in Kolkata. Never a dull moment!

Below are our pictures from our trip to Darjeeling. The trip was taken end of November and only points out I need to take more vacations! The mountain peak is Kajungunga which is the third highest peak in the world > The women you see on the hillside are picking tea. What I realized while watching them is that the only thing that was the difference between me being on vacation, working for a global banking organization and the women picking tea was I was born in the US and they were born in India. With my parents background and lineage had I been born in India I would be on the hillside with them and a basket on my back. I guess an appropriate thought as I sit in Panera two days away from flying back to Kolkata.

The rest of the pictures are of the toy train of Darjeeling (a UN Heritage site), a scene from a self sustaining agriculture project near Kurseong and pictures of the guest house we stayed in near Kurseong (the guest house was a former convent).

To all that I saw on my vacation a big THANK YOU for the laughter and for the hugs. To John, what can I say, the sauna was hot, the coffee hot and I got as close to the comfort of home as I am going to until we come back. To Shannon and Moriah I don't think I hugged you both enough but I also know at some point I have to let go.

Namaste to all and back to India I go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home